Saturday 3 March 2012

YESTERDAY, I CRIED

            YESTERDAY, I CRIED


kilo sele?’  My younger brother, asked.  I couldn’t keep the tears away.  There was no use feigning . I sniffed and replied, ‘nothing’.   He stood up from the chair whence he sat, coming closer to me. He queried me again. This time I was taciturn.  I could feel the tears as they rolled down my cheeks, it felt warm. No doubt these tears  were not the comfort of my eyes.  It’s true they say BIG BOYS( and girls too) don’t cry, but this wasn’t the time to feel BIG.  Imam Abdulrahman Ahmad, AUD (Ansar-Ud-Deen) Chief Missioner was interviewed in yesterday’s edition of the PUNCH newspaper. The words   To demand imposition of Sharia law is not wishing Nigeria well ‘captivated me. I did not want to believe that Imam Abdulrahman Ahmad will say such or even any Imam for that matter. I decided to read the full interview.  I flashed back to the protest against the fuel subsidy removal when He led the Jumaah prayer at Gani Fawhenmi’s  park in Lagos. Reading the interview was not what brought me to tears even though I did not agree with Imam Abdurrahman Ahmad  on some issues he talked about in his interview but the COMMENTS, the DAMN COMMENTS made me cry. I cannot bring myself to write what I read in those comments, to tell you how ignorant people are about Islam, to tell you how people do not have RESPECT, not even an iota. I was infuriated, sad and mad. I wanted to curse them all. I wanted to make dua’ that Allah should seal their hearts and never guide them aright. I wanted to…How could they?  How dare they? Anytime I log into to the group ‘ATHEISM DEBUNKED’, I do not spend much time there, The posts there just gets me furious and I do not want my emotions to guide what I would write in such circumstance( Taofeek (fiko) would understand  that ). I was in fury mode yet I wanted to say something, write something. I remembered Allah’s words:
‘Revile not ye those whom they call upon besides Allah lest they out of spite revile Allah in their ignorance. Thus have We made alluring to each people its own doings. In the end will they return to their Lord and We shall then tell them the truth of all that they did. ‘Q 6: 108
                It was not in the Sharia for me to insult them, to pay them back in their own coin but yet I wanted to speak . I wanted to write something. I thought of Prophets Musa and Harun (may the peace an blessings of Allah be upon them both) task when Allah sent them to Firawn, recalling my Rabb’s words:
‘Go both of you to Pharaoh for he has indeed transgressed all bounds;
"But speak to him mildly; perchance he may take warning or fear (Allah)." Q 20:43-44
  I felt these people had transgressed all bounds but yet they were not as evil as Firawn.  I decided to put my fingers on the keyboard; I decided to follow the Sharia. So I wrote:
 I am sad that a whole lot of people do not KNOW ISLAM, though they might have met Muslims,  I am said that this Hadith narrated by Abu Hurairah  who said Allah's messenger( Muhammad)(peace & blessings upon him) said: Both in this world and in the hereafter, I am the nearest of all the people to Isa(Jesus)(peace & blessings upon him), the son of Maryam (Mary). The Prophets are paternal brothers, their mothers are different, but their religion is one (Islamic monotheism)' (Sahih Bukhari) is not popular . I am sad that people do not know the wisdom behind the  fact that Prophet Muhammad (peace & blessings upon him) could neither read nor write. I am sad that people do not know that the Qur'an  confirms the books that came before it (Gospel, Psalms, Torah)
'To thee We sent the Scripture in truth confirming the scripture that came before it and guarding it in safety so judge between them by what Allah hath revealed and follow not their vain desires diverging from the truth that hath come to thee. To each among you have We prescribed a Law and an Open Way If Allah had so willed He would have made you a single people but (His plan is) to test you in what He hath given you so strive as in a race in all virtues. The goal of you all is to Allah; it is He that will show you the truth of the matters in which ye dispute' Q 5:48.
I am sad that people do not know that the Arabic language is much closer the original language in which the Bible was revealed.(They are both semitic languages). I am sad that people do not know the TRUE meaning of words like SHARIA, JIHAD etc. I am sad  at the fact that we're flooded with information and yet  VERY IGNORANT, I pray Allah opens our mind and guide us aright. IF ONLY WE KNEW WHAT TRULY ISLAM IS... IF ONLY WE KNEW

 My face is dried from the tears but as I posted my own comment. I felt much better. Today inshallahu I will be taking the STF a class on Dawah Training. I intend using Sheik Kamal El-makki’s’ GETTING THE SHADDAH IN 10 MINUTES ‘(I’m far from being prepared, may Allah help me). Today I hope maybe from what I would teach, or from my comment yesterday, that Allah will open’s someone’s heart to Islam and then I would tell you that: Today, I smiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment